立夏 (Lì Xià) Summer Begins
DEAN-ip on 5 / 6 May 2023
Text: Nicola Martens and Sebastian Hubrach
Topic: Don’t forget
2 x 24 hours,
connection of two cultures,
the essence of nature,
Each Lì Xià is different and holds different information for us.
Relationships. What relationships do you feel when your heart opens?*
- We come into the world and we are already in the middle of the family. Even the ancestors are already with us.
- Relationships open up to us that show us our life’s task.
- Two sides become visible: the emotions that disturb us and the potential for our visions. Where do the two sides come from? Our ancestors also have “something to say”.
- With whom do we find joy in life? Alone is boring. Connections with others make us happy.
Everyone always talks about growing up. But what is growing up for you?*
- For us, growing up is a step out of the parental home and into our own lives. We gain freedom and independence.
- Now all doors are open to us. Where does our heart want to go?
- What does that involve? We want to realize what our heart shows us.
- A great power… If we have a clear vision, we can go out into the world with it. Like in the rites of passage that exist among many peoples. The vision is known to our spirit. It shows us our place in life. It is what we were born for.
Responsibility. What is responsibility for you? How does responsibility feel for you?*
- It’s both: a pressure and also a lot of joy to finally get started.
- It makes us grow beyond our limits and create something new.
- Our greatest responsibility is to our innate purpose in life, for example family.
- For us, responsibility means staying focused on something. To take responsibility and do it. Sometimes saying, “I need help to do it. I am responsible for this.”
- Responsibility is to carry on our heritage. We carry it inside us anyway.
Growing together. What does it mean for you to grow together or to be together?*
- Growing up means teamwork for us. We are always embedded in a larger context in which everyone has their task and responsibility.
- We have to be able to react and respond to the spirit of the times and to the currents that are there at the moment. In this way, we go along with the great movements of the time.
- We give our own vision, with which we came into life, into society. Everything we do from the spirit is good for all. Our own destiny is fulfilled and that is also good for the “big picture”.
- The beauty of working together is that we are clearer together because several simply see more.
* The answers are written by Sebastian and Nicola.
We should never forget our good experiences. This means remembering the state where the connection to the spirit was good. This is how we build up energy for our future. Little by little this state grows into our daily life and the good realizes itself. Let us grow up together into Lì Xià, take responsibility and celebrate life.
Lì Xià is an important point that you can grow.
When you grow, and through that even society can understand more, more energy flows.
Then it is good for the world. That is the best thing.
Master Dean Li